Installing a security certificate for Northwestern Wireless on Windows
This document explains how to install a security certificate for the Northwestern wireless on a Windows PC.
|"eduroam" will be the primary wireless network at Northwestern on December 20, 2021. The "Northwestern” network/SSID will no longer be a visible choice for connecting to the University’s wireless network during the fall quarter of 2021 and no longer an available connection on December 20, 2021. Learn more about this change.|
- Download the security certificate.
- Open the downloaded security certificate and under the General Tab, select Install Certificate....
- When the Certificate Import Wizard opens, store the security certificate for the Local Machine and click Next.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse.
- Select the Trusted Root Certification Authorities to store the certificate in the proper folder and click OK.
- Select Next in the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Click Finish. You should receive a confirmation if the import was successful.