Setting up Skype for Business (Lync 2013) on Windows
Skype for Business is a collaboration and communication tool that is available on Windows though the Skype for Business (Lync) application.
Download and install Skype for Business/Lync 2013
- Download the Lync desktop client based on your Microsoft Office version and operating system:
- Extract the contents of the file (Right-click the downloaded file and click Extract all...).
- Open the extracted folder, and run Setup by double-clicking the application labeled Setup.
- Note: If you do not have administrative access to your University computer, you will need to contact your local technical support specialist to complete the download.
- Check the "I accept the terms of this agreement" checkbox, then click Continue.
- Click the Install Now button.
- If you are not able to use the above links, you can also download Skype in the following way:
Set up Skype for Business/Lync 2013
- Launch Skype for Business/Lync 2013.
- Under Sign-in address enter your @northwestern.edu email address and click Sign In.
- When prompted, enter your NetID password in the Password field and click Sign In.
- If you encounter an error window that says "Can't sign in to Lync" click OK.
- Under Username and Password, enter ads\YourNetID and your NetID password, respectively. Note that you must include ads\ before your NetID.
- Check Save My Password if you don't want to be prompted to enter login credentials into Lync/Skype for Business every time the application is opened.