Setting up Skype for Business (Lync) on Windows Phone
Installing the Microsoft Skype for Business application on your mobile phone is as easy as installing any other application on your Windows Phone 8.1.
Download and install Skype for Business:
- From your phone, select the Store icon and search for Skype for Business.
- Tap the Install button. You may be prompted to enter your Microsoft account login credentials.
- On the Start screen, swipe left to view your installed apps, search for Skype for Business, and then tap the icon to open the app.
- Enter your full @northwestern.edu email address and NetID password, and then tap Done (check mark).
- When prompted, enter your username as ads\YourNetID and your NetID password.
- On the Customer Experience Improvement Program screen, tap No thanks.
- On the Never Miss Your Work Calls screen, enter your mobile number with country and region codes. When Skype for Business can't use a Wi-Fi or cellular data network to make an audio or video call, you'll be automatically called at this number and connected to the audio portion of the call.
- Tap Next (right arrow) to move to the next screen and review the notification and phonebook access settings:
- Tap Next (right arrow) to start using Skype for Business.