Connecting to Northwestern Wireless on macOS
You should be able to connect automatically to the Northwestern Wireless network with your NetID and NetID password through your Network Preferences on macOS. If you were not prompted to connect, you can manually configure your connection.
|"eduroam" will be the primary wireless network at Northwestern on December 20, 2021. The "Northwestern” network/SSID will no longer be a visible choice for connecting to the University’s wireless network during the fall quarter of 2021 and no longer an available connection on December 20, 2021. Learn more about this change. Instructions for Connecting to eduroam on macOS |
- Open Apple > System Preferences... > Network.
- Select Wi-Fi from the left pane. Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on. In the middle of the pane click Network Name, and from the drop-down menu select Northwestern.
- In the User Name and Password fields enter your NetID and NetID password, and check the Remember this network box.
- Your Mac will now try to connect to the wireless network. The Verify Certificate window may appear if this is the first time you are connecting to the Northwestern network. If this is the case, you must verify that the certificate is valid before you connect. Click Show Certificate to show the details of the certificate.
- If the Issued by field is InCommon Server CA, check the Always trust these certificates check box. Note: Certificate name may contain words such as "netauth1" or "netauth2".
- Click Continue.
- The Certificate Trust Settings window will appear. You will need to enter your Computer Username and Computer Password. Then select Update Settings.