Managing @northwestern.edu (Microsoft 365) folder permissions in Outlook for Windows
If you don't want to give someone total access to your account, you can give them permission to access one or more folders in your @northwestern.edu mailbox.
- From the left-hand navigation pane of Outlook, right-click your email address.
- On the menu that appears, select Folder Permissions to open a new window.
- Click the Permissions tab, then click Add...
- Search by first name for each individual to whom you would like to give permissions, and click Enter.
- A list of possible matches will appear. Double-click the Name you want (Note: The name will appear in the text box at the bottom of the window. You may add multiple names). Click OK when you're done.
- Make sure the correct user is highlighted, then click the Permission Level drop-down menu and select the permission level you would like to grant. Click OK when you're done.
|Owner||Gives full control of the folder; can create/modify/delete/read folder items; create subfolders; and change permissions on the folder.|
|Publishing Editor||Has all rights granted to an Owner, except the right to change permissions; can create/modify/delete/read folder items and create subfolders.|
|Editor||Has all rights granted to a Publishing Editor, except the right to create subfolders; can create/modify/delete/read folder items.|
|Publishing Author||Can create and read folder items and create subfolders but can modify and delete only folder items they create, not items created by others.|
|Author||Has all rights granted to a Publishing Author but cannot create subfolders; can create and read folder items and modify and delete items they create.|
|Nonediting Author||Can create and read folder items but cannot modify or delete any items, including those they create.|
|Reviewer||Can read folder items, but nothing else.|
|Contributor||A Contributor can create only folder items and cannot read items.|