Managing @northwestern.edu (Exchange) folder permissions in Outlook 2016/2013 for Windows
If you don't want to give someone total access to your account, you can give them permission to access one or more folders in your @northwestern.edu mailbox.
- From the left-hand navigation pane of Outlook, right-click your email address.
- On the menu that appears, select Folder Permissions to open a new window.
- Click the Permissions tab, then click Add...
- Search by first name for each individual to whom you would like to give permissions, and click Enter.
- A list of possible matches will appear. Double-click the Name you want (Note: The name will appear in the text box at the bottom of the window. You may add multiple names). Click OK when you're done.
- Make sure the correct user is highlighted, then click the Permission Level drop-down menu and select the permission level you would like to grant. Click OK when you're done.
|Owner||Gives full control of the folder; can create/modify/delete/read folder items; create subfolders; and change permissions on the folder.|
|Publishing Editor||Has all rights granted to an Owner, except the right to change permissions; can create/modify/delete/read folder items and create subfolders.|
|Editor||Has all rights granted to a Publishing Editor, except the right to create subfolders; can create/modify/delete/read folder items.|
|Publishing Author||Can create and read folder items and create subfolders but can modify and delete only folder items they create, not items created by others.|
|Author||Has all rights granted to a Publishing Author but cannot create subfolders; can create and read folder items and modify and delete items they create.|
|Nonediting Author||Can create and read folder items but cannot modify or delete any items, including those they create.|
|Reviewer||Can read folder items, but nothing else.|
|Contributor||A Contributor can create only folder items and cannot read items.|