Managing the quota (mailbox size) of your @northwestern.edu (Exchange) account using Outlook 2016/2013 for Windows
Your Exchange mailbox has a finite storage quota (25GB for faculty and staff). It's good practice to monitor your quota and delete unnecessary email messages to keep your mailbox well below quota.
Check your quota
- From the top-left corner click File.
- Under Info look for Mailbox Cleanup.
Reduce the size of your mailbox
- Click Tools > Mailbox Cleanup.
- Use the Find... feature to search for old or large messages. Delete any unneeded messages.
- Select AutoArchive to move old items off of your Exchange account and onto your computer's local storage.
- Empty your Deleted Items folder to permanently remove deleted items from your mailbox.
- Delete alternate versions of items to remove duplicate messages.