Backing up email in your @northwestern.edu (Office 365) account in Outlook 2016/2013 for Windows
Your @northwestern.edu account will be automatically deleted after you leave the University and cannot be recovered. If you want to back up your emails and contacts, you need to create a backup personal storage (PST) file in Outlook before your NetID expires and you lose access to your email account.
- Select File on the main tab in Outlook.
- Select Open & Export in the left panel, then select Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file, then click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst), then click Next.
- Select the folder(s) you would like to save and click Next.
- Selecting the top level account folder will save all email messages, contacts, calendar information.
- Check Include subfolders to include all subfolders under the main folder.
- Choose file name and save location.
- Select Replace duplicates with items exported and click Finish.
- Enter a password (optional)
- Note: If you opt to create a password, make sure you save it in a safe location.