Adding contacts from the Global Address List (GAL) in Outlook 2016 for macOS
You have two main ways of getting access to and storing contacts. You have access to a Global Address List (GAL) that contains everyone who has a Northwestern email address, and a Personal Address Book for contacts inside or outside of the University. You can add contacts from the GAL to your Personal Address Book using the instructions below.
- From the ribbon, click Address Book or Contacts Search to open a new window.
- Enter a name into the search box. As you type, the search function will display possible matches.
- Double-click the name of the desired contact from the search results, and a window will open with the person's contact information.
- To the right of the person's name, click Add to Contacts, then click Save and Close.
- You can view your Personal Address Book or Contacts by clicking on People on the bottom bar, or Contacts in the left navigation pane.