Adding a shared or delegated @northwestern.edu (Exchange) account in Outlook 2016/2013 for Windows
A shared mailbox can be used by multiple users to read and send email messages, while a delegated mailbox can be used to allow another person to view and use an individual's mailbox. Before you can add any shared or delegated mailbox, the mailbox's owner must first give you access permission.
- Click File in the ribbon at the top to open a new window.
- Select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Click your Exchange account, then click Change to open a new window.
- In the lower right-hand corner, click More Settings to open a new window.
- Click the Advanced Tab, Uncheck the Download Shared Folders box, then click Add to open the Add Mailbox window.
- Type the name of the account you wish to add exactly as it appears in the global address list (Note: This can be an individual, group, resource, etc.).
- Click OK to close the window. The mailbox will appear in the text box list.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Click Next, then click Finish.
- Click Close.
The mailbox will now appear in your navigation pane in Outlook.