Managing the quota (mailbox size) of your @northwestern.edu (Exchange) account using Outlook Web App (OWA)
Your Exchange mailbox has a finite storage quota (25GB for faculty and staff). It's good practice to monitor your quota and delete unnecessary email messages to keep your mailbox well below quota.
Check quota usage
- From the top-right corner click the gear icon, then click Options.
- Click Mailbox Usage.
Reduce size of mailbox
- Log in to the Outlook Web Application (OWA) at http://mail.northwestern.edu.
- Click Inbox on the left side of the page to display the contents of your Inbox.
- Click the Items By <Criteria> drop-down above the list of messages, then select Size in the drop-down list that appears. Make sure Largest on top is selected for Order to show you the messages that will gain you the most space if you delete them; set Conversations to On and wait for message list to load.
- Delete old or unneeded messages.
- Click the Junk E-mail folder and repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Right-click the Deleted Items folder and select Empty Folder.