Creating Affiliate and Organizational NetIDs as a NetID Administrator in NUValidate
If you are a NetID administrator for your school or unit, you can create manually-asserted NetIDs with expiration dates for up to one year. You can also extend these NetIDs as necessary. There are two types of manual NetIDs that you can create:
- Affiliate NetIDs are issued to individuals involved in collaboration with the University and contractors providing services to the University that require them to have access to electronic resources. An external email address for the affiliate is required to create the NetID even a University email account will be provided. By default, affiliates are not issued a University email account. If an affiliate requires a University email account, a central administrator will need to provision the account and a support request should be directed to email@example.com
- Organizational Email NetIDs are issued to departments or non-student organizations who need an email account that is published in the Online Directory.
When creating NetIDs, you should make them valid for only as long as necessary and be sure to include at least two sponsors.
- Log in to NUValidate at http://northwestern.edu/login.
- In the upper left corner of the page, click Menu icon > Manage Identity > Create Affiliate and Organizational NetIDs.
- From the drop-down menu select the NetID Types and click Next.
- In the Input field, enter the required details for the NetID in the format illustrated. You can create multiple NetIDs by entering the information on separate lines.
- Set the desired Expiration date with the understanding that the last full day that the NetID will function is the day before the date selected and click Create NetIDs. The NetID(s) and activation code(s) will be sent to you via email.