[Blurb] GlobalProtect VPN for Surface Pro X
If your University-owned computer is managed by your department, you may not need to set up GlobalProtect. If you see the GlobalProtect icon () in your system tray, skip the set-up instructions and go directly to connect to GlobalProtect.
Set up GlobalProtect
Note that your computer must be running 64 bit Windows 10 or later. If you don't have administrative rights to your University-owned computer to install software, contact your departmental tech support personnel.
- Go to https://chocolate.ci.northwestern.edu\Software\Titles\NU_Global_Protect\Current\ARM64\GlobalProtectARM64.msi to download the GlobalProtect installation package.
- From your computer's Downloads folder, double-click the installer, then click Next to follow the installation instructions.
- When prompted for a portal address, enter vpn-connect.northwestern.edu.
- Once installation is complete,
- GlobalProtect will appear in the lower left area of your system tray.
- GlobalProtect will automatically prompt you to connect to VPN.
Connect to GlobalProtect
- Click the GlobalProtect icon in the system tray, then click Connect. If nothing seems to happen when you click Connect, see Fixing when clicking Connect in GlobalProtect VPN for Windows does nothing.
- When prompted, enter your NetID and NetID password, then confirm your identity with Duo multi-factor authentication. You will then be connected to GlobalProtect.
- To disconnect, click the GlobalProtect icon again, then click Disconnect.