SharePoint: Reviewing your sharing of files
Reviewing access to shared files in SharePoint
- Click on the file or folder to review, then click the three vertical dots, then click "Manage Access"
- Review access under "Links Giving Access" and "Direct Access"
Requesting a report on file and folder sharing
- Open the site where you want to run the report
- On the Settings menu, click Site usage.
- In the Shared with external users section, click Run report.
- Choose a location to save the report, and then click Save.
The report may take some time to run depending on the size of the site.
When the report is finished running you will receive an email with a link to the report.
For items shared with direct access, the report contains one row for each user / item combination. SharePoint groups are shown in the report, but not individual users inside them.
For items shared with a link, the report contains a row for each signed-in user who has used the link or has been sent the link through the sharing dialog. Links emailed directly that haven't been clicked, and Anyone links are not included in the report.
For more information about this report, please visit this website.