How to Reshare External Sharing Links in OneDrive after Box Migration
Any links to folders or files in Box sent to people outside of Northwestern University, will be different once the files are migrated into OneDrive. These new links can be reshared from inside the OneDrive web interface. To see all links shared with external users and reshare those links follow the steps below.
- Go to Office365.northwestern.edu and log in with your NetID and password. Open the OneDrive web interface by click on the waffle in the upper left hand corner and selecting OneDrive.
- From the OneDrive web interface, click on the gear icon (settings) in the upper right hand corner.
- Choose the "OneDrive Settings" option on the drop down.
- A new browser window will open up, choose "More Settings" from the menu
- Choose "Access requests and invitations" on the "More Settings" screen.*
*Note: If you do not see a link for "Access requests and invitations" that means that no external sharing was migrated from Box. Please contact IT support for help if you think there are external user invitations missing.
- A new browser window will open up listing and "Pending Requests" and "External User Invitations" (this may be blank of you did not have any external sharing requests.
- Find the user in the list.
- Click the ellipsis next to the email address you want to resend an invite. You may also change the permissions as this point if desired.
- Click "Resend" from the popup menu.
- The external user should now be sent an automated email with a link to the content from firstname.lastname@example.org and the migration ID. Some mail providers might flag these emails as spam, please check your spam folder.