Adding Attachments to Expense Reports as an Approver in NUFinancials (Job Aid)
This job aid details the steps on how approvers can add attachments to expense reports they are reviewing and are in their queue awaiting their approval.
- Log in to NUFinancials: nufin.northwestern.edu
- Click on the Approvals tile. The Pending Approvals page opens. Click an expense report you want to review.
- To add an attachment, click the Expense Details link. The Expense Summary page will open.
- Click on View Details.
- Click on the link to view the expense report header section.
- Click Attach Receipt. The Attachments window will open.
- Click on Add Attachment to add a file to the expense report you are reviewing. Upload the file after selecting and click Done.
- Repeat adding attachments and uploading for every file you need to include in the expense report. Click Save to save changes to the expense report. You can also click View Summary to see an overview of the expense report details.
- The Edit button is greyed out. You can neither edit nor delete files attached by you or other users.
- If you need to delete a file, the expense report needs to be sent back, so the submitter can do so.
- The delivered option also does not allow adding descriptions to files added by approvers, so make sure the filenames are descriptive of their purpose.
- To take action on the expense report (Approve, Send Back, or Hold), click the back button until you are in the Approval Page.
- You can click the View Attachments link to make sure the file(s) were added. If the budget is in Not Budget Checked status, you will need to click the Budget Validation link in order to approve the expense report.