NUFinancials Using the Visitor's Expense Report Job Aid
This article explains the process of completing an expense report for a visitor who is not a member of the University faculty or staff.
Using the Visitor's Expense Report
Complete the Visitor's Expense Report
1. Enter the Requestor and Department contact information. The department/school is responsible for informing the visitor of the University’s expense reimbursement policies prior to the incurring of expenses.
2. Complete the Visitor section.
o Contact information, Dates, Business Purpose, Expenses and Amounts based on their receipts. Obtain the Visitor Vendor Code prior to completing the Payment Request.
3. You can look this up using the vendor search in a Payment Request or via the Cognos SC025 Vendor Info Query report.
o If a vendor code does not exist, complete the Supplier Request form on the NUPortal, Payments tab.
o Attach the completed Visitor’s Expense Report and receipts to your vendor request.
4. Enter the Chart string(s) you plan to use and Amount(s) to be charged to each.
5. Send the form to the visitor (email, fax, or mail). Ask the visitor to sign the form and return it to you. Original signatures and receipts are preferred.
6. Obtain an Approval signature from your department.
o Scan and attach the completed Visitor's Expense Report to a Payment Request with receipts or other supporting documentation.
o When submitting proof of mileage to ASRSP for expenses on sponsored project chart strings, you may use Google Maps or MapQuest to calculate mileage.
o Please submit only the page that shows (in text) the names of the start and end points as well as number of miles driven.