Documentation and Scanning Tips for NUFinancials
These tips apply to all NUFinancials transactions which allow attachments: Payment Requests, Expense Reports, Travel Authorizations, Cash Advances, Journals, Requisitions, and Vendor Requests
- All original documentation in support of a transaction that has been scanned and attached to the transaction record should be retained until the transition has been approved by Accounts Payable.
- Print to File or Print to PDF to create an attachable file (ex. directions for mileage, per diem rates, foreign currency rates) instead of printing to paper and scanning.
- All relevant backup documentation that is not scanned and attached to the transaction record should be retained by departments in accordance with the record retention guidelines.
- Black out sensitive information such as Social Security Numbers, credit card numbers, etc.
- The accepted file formats are XLS, XLSX, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, TIF, and ZIP.
- Do not include a period in your file name; this will interfere with the file extension verification
- John_smith.pdf = correct
- John.smith.pdf = incorrect
- Preview scanned documentation for file size and legibility.
- Illegible files will be returned by Approvers.
- Documents with faint print should be copied and darkened for scanning.
- Do not use dark-colored highlighters to mark names, invoice numbers or important information.
- The highlights scan as blacked out.
- Clear adhesive tape should not be placed on top of important information when prepping for sending or scanning.
- Scanners and fax machines do not read through clear adhesive tape, thus anything under the tape, while legible to the human eye, is not legible to the scanner/fax.(ex. do not tape over cash register receipts as the print disappears).
- Make sure no staples are used. Those can damage the scanner.