NUFinancials Approval Process: Payment Requests
This document shows the different navigation paths available to an approver in order to take action on a submitted payment request.
For users with the Approver role.
- If you approve the Payment Request, you are approving all the lines that use chart strings that you are responsible for.
- If you do not want to approve all the lines, you must click Deny.
Review transaction for accuracy
While reviewing the transaction, you may see lines that use chart strings that you do not recognize. These chart strings may belong to another approver. By clicking Approve, you are approving all the lines that use chart strings for which you are an approver. Verify the following items:
- Payment Request use is appropriate.
- Invoice lines are correct.
- Distribution lines are correct.
- Amounts are appropriate and correct.
- Transaction is consistent with NU policies:
- Financial and Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Direct Payment Request
- Independent Contractor Payments
- Visitor Expense Reimbursements
- Documentation is attached (electronic or paper).
- Attached documents (electronic or paper) agree with Payment Request.
There are 3 different ways that you can access approval pages for a Payment Request:
- NUFinancials WorkCenter Queries
- Approvals Tile
- Navigation Bar
Approve Payment Request via NUFinancials WorkCenter
Navigation: Log into NUFinancials > Employee Self Service > NUFinancials WorkCenter (tile)
- Click on the NUFinancials WorkCenter tile.
- Click on the Approvals tab.
- Click on Payment Requests.
- Under the search criteria, click View Results (this will allow you to see all of the Payment Requests that are in a pending approval status available in your approvals list).
- Choose the transaction that you want to approve by clicking on the Request ID hyperlink.
A new window will open with the Payment Request information. This is the approver’s page to approve, deny, or hold transactions.
To Approve a Payment Request,
- Validate all information for the transaction.
- Click Approve.
- An Approve message with the Approver box will appear.
- Enter Approver Comments if needed.
- Click Submit.
To Deny/Send Back a Payment Request,
- Validate all information, and click Deny.
- A deny message will appear with the Approver Comments text box.
- Enter comments about why the transaction is being denied in the Approvers Comments box. (REQUIRED)
- Click Submit.
To Hold a Payment Request,
Warning: It is recommended that you do not use the Hold function. If an approver holds a transaction, that transaction remains at the same approval level (In Process Status) without moving forward until the person who put a hold on the transaction applies their approval or denies it. The Payment Request is also removed from workflow inbox of any pooled approvers at the same level.
Alternatively, you can Approve, Deny/Send Back, or Hold a transaction through Approvals tile and NavBar (Navigation bar).
Navigation: Log into NUFinancials > Employee Self Service (homepage) > Approvals (tile) > Payment Request
Navigation: Log into NUFinancials > NavBar > Approvals > Payment Request