Expenses Electronic Approvals in NUFinancials - Employees
This job aid guides employees through the steps to approve their expense reports in NUFinancials.
- Expenses Electronic Approvals enable employee reimbursements to be submitted and approved using NUFinancials workflow.
- If you have submitted an Expense Report for yourself, a certification message appears at that time.
- If a proxy has submitted an Expense Report on your behalf, you will receive an email (to your Northwestern email address) when an expense report requires your certification.
Expense Report Workflow Approval Sequence
- Employee Certification
- Project Approver (if applicable)
- Department/Chart String Approvers (Level 1, 2, 3, as applicable)
- Expenses Supervisor
- ASRSP (if applicable)
- Accounts Payable
Navigate to Approvals
This is a sample of the email notification you will receive:
- Click the blue hyperlink in the email to go directly to the Expense Report.
- Review the Expense Report once it opens.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click Approve or Send Back (with Comments).
- Click Submit on the certification message.
- This is your electronic signature.
- The Expense Report will be automatically routed for subsequent levels of approval.
Alternate Navigation to NUFinancials Approval Inbox
If you do not have the approval notification email: you can login from the NUFinancials Overview page.
- Login to NUFinancials > Employee Self Service (Homepage).
- Click the Approvals tile.
- Select the Type/Category of Approval.
- Follow the approval steps 2-5