Collaborate Internally on a Supplier Contract in NUFinancials
This Job Aid discusses the Supplier Contracts, Contract Collaboration process.
You will receive an email notification when you have been asked to collaborate internally on a contract (sample below). Collaboration occurs internally and externally (with the supplier). There may be multiple rounds of “back and forth” collaboration.
Step 1: Access Document
You may access the document directly by clicking the link in the email you received or by accessing the NUFinancials worklist:
Log in to NUFinancials: https:nufin.northwestern.edu
Navigation: NUFinancials > Navigator > Worklist
- Click the Link of the Contract ID you wish to review.
Step 2: Document Management
- Click View Document (read only) or Edit Document (make changes).
- Open the XML document in Word (2007 or later, not IE plugin).
- To edit the document, create a Contract folder on your desktop and save the file Do not change the file name!
- After editing, click Check In (or Cancel Check Out if you have not made edits).
- Select Version changes; Minor Version (0.01) (small re-writes, cosmetic) or Major Version (1.00) (recreated, new attachment).
- Enter Check In Comments.
- Click OK.
- Browse and Upload your saved file.
- The file name must exactly match the document you downloaded for editing.
- Changing any clauses will send the contract to the clause's owner/approver for review.
- “Checking In” a document does not automatically delete the file you saved to your
- Manually delete an old file before saving a new
- Click Modify Attachments/Related Documents to view any attachments.
- Click View to see an attachment.
- Click the (transfer to documents) icon to view a Related Document. The related document will open in a new tab/window.
- Click View (or Edit) Document on the related Document Management screen.
- Add Collaboration Comments. This replaces initialing a paper document for peer review.
- Click Mark As Reviewed. Do not click Finalize Collaboration.
Appendix A: Review Document Modifications and Versions
Use Document Modification Summary to review a summary of the latest changes between document versions.
Navigation: NUFinancials > Navigator > Supplier Contracts > Create Contracts and Documents > Document Management
- Click Find an Existing Document.
- Select a Source Transaction: Ad Hoc or Purchasing Contracts (transactional). Enter additional search criteria as needed.
- Click Search.
- From the Search Results, click on the Document Keys link of the Contract ID you wish to This takes you to the Document Management page.
- Each time that a contract is edited and checked in, the system tracks and displays a summary of the changes on this page. When the changes pertain to clauses, you can use this page to help determine which clause changes in a document require workflow approval.
- B. Click Document Version History to review document versions, comments and answers to document wizard questions.
- Click on a Version number to open that version of the document in Microsoft word. Open versions individually.
- Click the Details icon to view details such as collaboration comments and answers to document wizard questions.
- Click the Comments tab to view document check-in comments (when a document has been edited).