Select a Supervisor for Employees with Multiple Appointments for NUFinancials Expense Reports
This job aid provides information for employees with multiple appointments on how to submit expense reports.
- Employees (or their proxies) with multiple appointments need to select which supervisor their expense report should route to in the approval process.
- It must be selected before the expense report is submitted.
- An approver can send back a submitted expense report if the routing needs to be changed.
- Employees (or their proxies) can withdraw an expense report if no approvals have been applied and change the routing if needed.
Navigate to Standard Non-Catalog Requisitions
- Login to NUFinancials: nufin.northwestern.edu
- Expenses tile > Create Expense Report
- Enter Business Purpose and Description
- Click on the Magnifying Glass in the Expenses Supervisor field.
- A Lookup window will appear. Select the Expenses Supervisor that correlates to the account used for the acquired expense.
Note: If you do not see a supervisor or any backups assigned for a position, electronic routing is not available and the traveler must sign the expense report. The signed report must be scanned and attached to the expense report.
- Once you select an Expense Supervisor, you will be taken back to the General Information page.
- The number in the Expense Supervisor field correlates to the Employee Record in Human Resources. You will not see a name once you select your supervisor and return the expense report.
- Complete the rest of the Expense Report.
Note: Employees with a single appointment will still need to select an Expenses Supervisor.