Hold PO from Further Processing in NUFinancials
This job aid describes when to use the Hold PO from Further Processing function for non-catalog requisitions.
- Hold PO from Further Processing should not to be used to pay an invoice after the fact when a Purchase Order should have been issued and sent to the vendor at the beginning of the transaction.
- Departments/schools need to make every effort to order goods and services using NUFinancials, which will result in an official Purchase Order being sent to the vendor. This needs to occur at the time the product or service is ordered, not when payment is due.
- Requisitions placed on Hold from Further Processing require PPS approval. If incorrectly used, your transactions will be denied and sent back. Exceptions will be granted on a very limited basis.
- If you have any questions about whether a particular PO is eligible to be processed in this manner, please contact PPS at 1-8120 (847-491-8120).
Appropriate Uses of Hold PO from Further Processing
The primary use of Hold PO from Further Processing is to allow departments/schools to indicate when they need to have a Purchase Order sent to a vendor in a way other than the default dispatch method in the vendor's profile in NUFinancials.
When selecting the Hold PO from Further Processing option, it is required that Requisition Header Comments be added indicating:
- The reason why you are putting the PO on hold
- What action you want taken with the PO
- Why you need to prevent the system from automatically sending the PO to the vendor.