Catalog Requisition for Requesters in NUFinancials
This Job Aid will walk Requesters through the process of creating a Catalog (iBuyNU) Requisition.
- Log in to NUFinancials > Employee Self Service.
- Click the Requisition tile.
- Click Create New Requisition.
- Click iBuyNU under the Web section.
- Search for items. There are multiple ways:
- To search by keyword, type a keyword in the Search field and press Enter.
- To search by part number, click from the left side menu and enter the required part number and supplier fields.
- To shop a specific supplier catalog, click from the left side menu. Then select a supplier.
- Click and your item will be added to your active shopping cart.
- When you are finished adding items to your iBuyNU shopping cart, hover over the shopping cart and click .
iBuyNU will verify pricing and check to see if there are any alternate suppliers who may have the item you are purchasing for a lower price or available in a another brand. iBuyNU will also check item availability and display a red message if one or more items is not available.
The Cart is transferred to NUFinancials, Checkout – Review and Submit step. This is where you enter Ship to Codes, Chart Strings, Budget Check, and Save and Submit the requisition.
- Enter Requisition Name. You will notice this has been pre-populated for you with the name of the cart. Note this name can be changed.
- To view the hidden section that contains the Ship to and chart string fields for a line item, click the dropdown arrow next to that line item.
- Click the magnifying glass next to Ship To: to look up the ship to code.
A Look Up window appears.
- In the Description field, type the first letters of the department name.
- Click Look Up.
- Click the Ship To Location code that matches your department. If there is more than one location for your department, select the one that designates the appropriate drop-off location / delivery point.
- At this time, you can input the Attention To field, if it hasn’t already populated the correct name.
- To add an attachment, click the Add next to the comment bubble. (Attachments are not required, and will be seen internally only).
- To view the hidden section that contains the chart string fields for a line item, click the dropdown arrow next to Accounting Lines.
- Then click Chartfields2.
- In Fund, type the Fund code.
- In Dept, type the Department id.
- Scroll right to view Account and type the Account If applicable, add Project, Activity, and Chartfield1.
- To add another chart string, click on the + sign at the end of the chart string row.
- Scroll down and click Check Budget.
- A confirmation message appears regarding saving and budget checking the transaction.
- When budget checking completes, a Budget Checking Status appears.
- Click Save & Submit.