Cancel Receipts Using Manage Requisitions in NUFinancials
This guide shows a User how to Cancel Receipts from the Manage Requisitions page.
A receipt cannot be canceled if it has already been matched to a voucher and purchase order.
Receipts can be canceled from Manage Requisitions or Add/Update Receipts. These steps focus on Manage Requisition page. Manage Requisitions is used to cancel receipts, whether they contain one receipt line or many. Use Add/Update Receipts when you need to cancel one or more receipt lines, but not all receipt lines.
Why do you cancel a receipt?
Reasons for canceling a receipt include:
- You entered a receipt in error.
- You may need to cancel a receipt prior to submitting a change order or to a purchase order being rolled into a new fiscal year. (If you need to re-apply or enter the receipt after the change order or roll to the next fiscal year takes place, you must use Add/Update Receipts.)
- If you need to cancel just one or more lines of a receipt containing multiple lines, use Add/Update Receipts.
Login to NUFinancials: nufin.northwestern.edu > Login > Requisition tile > Manage Requisitions.
Cancel a receipt
- Locate Requisition with receipt to be cancelled in Manage Requisitions.
- Click the triangle to open the requisition lifespan.
- Double-click the Receiving icon.
- Locate the line for receipt that you want to cancel. Click the red X to cancel.
- Click Yes to confirm the cancellation.
- A receipt cannot be canceled if it has already been matched to a voucher and purchase order.
- When you cancel a receipt, the entire receipt will be canceled.
- After canceling a receipt, if you need to re-apply the receipt, you may do so using Add/Update Receipts.