Adding Attachments and Comments on a Requisition in NUFinancials
This guide will walk a user (Requester) through the process of adding Comments and/or Attachments to Requisitions.
Attachments and Comments
- You can add attachments and comments when creating requisitions.
- You can also add attachments and comments to submitted requisitions, depending on their status.
Navigation: NUFinancials > eProcurement > Create Requisition
- Comments and attachments are added at the Requisition Line level on the Checkout - Review and Submit page.
- You can attach any DOC, DOCX, JPEG, JPG, PDF, TIFF, TIF, XLS, XLSX, ZIP file. File size limit is 5 MB each or 20 MB combined.
- Please review Purchasing policies regarding the Bid Process to see if you are required to add Bid and/or Sole Source documentation to support your purchase. See Bid Process.
- Any time you attach a document to a requisition line, a comment about the attachment is required.
- When creating multiple requisition lines, do not attach the exact same attachment to every line; attach it only to the first line.
- Comments and attachments added to non-catalog requisitions can be received and viewed by Approvers and Suppliers.
- Comments and attachments can be added to iBuyNU or catalog requisitions for internal purposes only. iBuyNU Suppliers are not able to receive or view comments and attachments.
- Click the Add/Edit Comments icon next to the line.
- Enter a comment in the Line Comments box.
- Click Add Attachment to browse to a file and upload it as an attachment.
- The File Attachment window appears. Click Browse
- Your document navigator appears, as determined by your browser and operating system. Navigate to the file you need to attach. (Navigator is not shown.)
- Double-click the file name, or select the file name and then click Open.
- The file path displays in the Browse field. Click Upload.
- The file name appears under Attachments. Click the Send to Vendor checkbox to have the attachment sent to the vendor.
Note: To attach more files, repeat the previous steps.
- Click OK when you are done attaching documents.
Note: If you forget to add a comment to your attachment, a pop-up reminder appears.
- There are 2 kinds of comments:
- Requisition Header Comments are for notes that apply to the entire requisition.
- Line Comments are notes that apply to a specific line item in the requisition.
- Comments appear internally to anyone who has the security to view the requisition (e.g., Procurement and Payment Services, Accounts Payable).
- The following checkboxes are used to send comments as noted:
- Send to Supplier (comments display to vendor when purchase order is dispatched)
- Show at Receipt (not used)
- Show at Voucher (not used)
- Approval Justification (comments display to approvers when checked).
Add a line comment (no attachment)
Adding a comment that pertains to just one line item is similar to adding an attachment with a comment. (Comments do not require attachments.)
- Click the comment bubble icon empty Add/Edit Comments icon.
- Enter a comment in the Line Comments box.
- Click the Send to Supplier checkbox if you want the comment included on the purchase order that is sent to the vendor.
- Click OK
Add comments at the header for the requisition/purchase order
- In the Requisition Header Comments box, type a note. This box is located toward the bottom of the Checkout-Review and Submit page.
- Click the Approval Justification checkbox to allow comments to display to Approvers in their Approval Inbox.
- Option: Click the Send to Supplier checkbox to have the Requisition Header Comments sent to the vendor with the purchase order. (Show at Receipt and Shown at Voucher checkboxes are not used.)
- Always add a Requisition Header Comment if you are creating a blanket requisition.
How can you tell if an attachment or line comment exists?
- The comments bubble is empty when there are no attachments or line comments.
- The comments bubble is full when there is either an attachment or a comment.
Add an attachment or comment to a submitted requisition
- You can add attachments or comments to a submitted non-catalog requisition in Pending or Open status.
Navigation: eProcurement > Manage Requisitions
- Search for the requisition to which you need to add comments or attachments/comments.
- Locate the requisition from the search results.
- In the Select Action drop-down menu for the requisition, select Edit Requisition.
- Note: If Edit Requisition is not an option in the menu, the requisition can no longer be edited. If Edit Requisition is an option, selecting this option may terminate and reset the workflow process in progress.
- A pop-up message appears. Click OK.
- The requisition opens to the Checkout - Review and Submit page.
- To add an attachment and /or line comment, click the bubble icon next to the line.
- Proceed to add the attachment/comment