Add and remove an email account from Outlook (Mac)
Removing an email account from Outlook doesn't deactivate or delete content from your the email account. These instructions are for Outlook 365 and later, Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2011 only
- Launch Outlook.
- On the Outlook menu, click Preferences then click Accounts.
- At the bottom, you will see “+”, please select this to add an account.
- Depending on version of Outlook you have you will be prompted to select Exchange , Microsoft 365, or other. Select Microsoft 365. If you are using a new version of office, it will ask you to enter the email address which will automatically detect it is Microsoft 365
- For instructions on how to add your account back to Outlook, please visit our M365 KB page
- Once you add the new account, you can remove the old one.