Remove or delete an email account from Outlook (Windows)
Removing an email account from Outlook doesn't deactivate or delete content from your the email account. These instructions are for Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010 only
- From the main Outlook window, select File in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select the account you want to delete, then select Remove.
- You'll see a message warning you that all offline cached content for this account will be deleted. This only affects content downloaded and stored on your computer.
- Select Yes to confirm
- Exit and launch Outlook to add account.
- For instructions on how to add your account back to Outlook, please visit our O365 KB page