Set up your @northwestern.edu (Microsoft 365) account with Duo multi-factor authentication on Android
Microsoft Outlook is the only supported mail application for Android.
- Download Microsoft Outlook from Google Play.
- Open Outlook and tap Get Started.
- Enter your @northwestern.edu email address, then tap Continue.
- When prompted with the Northwestern Online Passport
- Your @northwestern.edu email address should already be populated as the Username
- Enter your NetID password as the Password
- Tap Sign in
- Confirm your identity with Duo Mobile multi-factor authentication.
- If prompted to Activate Device Administrator, tap Activate, then Activate this device admin app. If you are not prompted to Activate Device Administrator, you may need to restart your phone after configuration before you will receive any email messages.
- When prompted to add another account, tap Skip.
- Tap Skip again to proceed to your Inbox.
- Northwestern IT only supports Outlook on Android devices
- Other email clients that may be pre-installed on Android devices (e.g., Samsung) are not supported
- Gmail may work depending on the device manufacturer (Samsung, LG, etc.) and specific version of Android used, but it not guaranteed or supported by Northwestern IT
- If you need additional assistance, work with your departmental IT group to install and configure Outlook on your Android device