Using Zoom's Waiting Room
The Waiting Room allows you, as the host, to control how each participant joins the meeting. Participants who have Northwestern Zoom accounts can be allowed to join automatically whereas those connecting as “Guests” can be held outside of the meeting until you permit them to enter. This prevents unwanted attendees from causing a disruption or offending participants.
You can admit attendees one by one, or hold all attendees in the waiting room and admit them en masse. While this requires more work by the host, it only allows participants to join if you specifically admit them.
Enable the Waiting Room - Account Profile
- Log in to Zoom at https://northwestern.zoom.us
- In the left navigation menu, click Settings and scroll down to Waiting room
- Click the toggle to turn it on
- Click the Guest Participants Only radio button
- To add a custom message, click the edit button and edit the default message.
- Click Save
Toggling the waiting room OFF will not enable it for each scheduled meeting, but you can enable the setting during the scheduling process.