Zoom - Live Caption Service Options
Our primary caption provider, Alternative Communication Services (ACS), can be used to transcribe live caption services for Zoom online classes, meetings, and events.
For automatic captions, Powerpoint 365 supports auto-captions in the Slide Show settings, but it only works when running a powerpoint deck.
The cost for this service is $98/hr for online classes, and $125/hr for non-teaching events and meetings. There is one-hour minimum, and additional time is billed in 15 minute increments beyond the original time estimate. Billing is generated after the class/event/meeting and an invoice sent to you.
There is a 2 week request lead-time for ACS due to a worldwide shortage of captioners.
To order this service, contact ACS directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request remote CART via Zoom. Within your email message, include the following information:
- The purpose of the event - Educational class ($98/hr) or Event/Meeting ($125/hr)
- The date, time, duration, and meeting/course title
- The Zoom meeting information - the URL and passcode (if applicable)
- The billing contact information (i.e., the person who should receive the invoice)
- Any materials that will help the captioner prepare for the class/event/meeting
In PowerPoint 365, go to Slide Show, check Always Use Subtitles, then check Subtitle Settings
- choose input language
- select subtitle language
- select microphone
- select subtitle location
After enabling these settings, the captions will appear at the location specified while in Presentation mode and will be visible by those within the Zoom session.
Note: This does not provide captions when Powerpoint is not being shared. The AI translation to other languages is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.