Installing and using the Zoom plug-in for Microsoft Outlook for Windows or macOS
By installing the Zoom plugin for Outlook, it's easy to add a Zoom meeting room to an Outlook meeting.
Install the Outlook plugin
- Go to the Zoom Download Center at https://zoom.us/download.
- Scroll down to Download Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook and click the download link.
- Do not click the Add Zoom button because that will try to add Zoom to Outlook on the web. You will get an error because this functionality is not supported in Northwestern's Outlook on the web environment.
- Find the downloaded file in your Downloads folder and install it.
Authenticate Zoom on your computerIf you haven't already downloaded and authenticated Zoom on your computer, you need to do so before this plugin will work. See Authenticating Zoom on your Windows or macOS computer.
Schedule Zoom meetings in Outlook
- Begin new a meeting invitation as you normally would; i.e., enter the date/time, attendees, agenda, etc.
- Before sending the invitation, click the Add a Zoom Meeting button.
- Modify the meeting settings as appropriate, click Continue, then send the invitation. For more information on these settings see Zoom Meeting - Privacy and Security Settings - ZoomBombing Prevention Tips.