Scheduling a Zoom meeting
Use Zoom to schedule either one-time or recurring meetings.
- Go to https://northwestern.zoom.us.
- Select Log In, then when prompted, enter your NetID and NetID password.
- From the top bar, click Schedule A Meeting.
- Enter the required meeting details: title (Topic), date and time (When).
- To schedule a Recurring meeting, check the checkbox to expand scheduling options and modify as appropriate.
- Review and modify as appropriate settings for Video and Audio.
- Understand and modify the Meeting Options.
- Enable join before host: Allows users to join the meeting before the host joins. A meeting has no host controls – mute/unmute, record, lock meeting or remove attendees
- Mute participants on entry: Prevents attendees joining late from disrupting a meeting that has already started. Attendees joining a meeting with this setting enabled are notified that they are muted upon joining.
- Enable waiting room: Creates a holding area for participants before joining the meeting. This requires the host to grant access to those in the waiting room.
- Only authenticated users can join: This requires all meeting attendees to have a Zoom account, or to restrict to Northwestern users only. Otherwise, all other meetings can be joined anonymously without user accounts.
- Record the meeting automatically: Starts recording the meeting automatically as soon as the host joins.