Using the Register a Subfolder Form in SAFER
This form is used to register subfolders that were not initially registered. This may include:
- Subfolders that are moved into a SAFER folder from outside
- Subfolders that are created inside a SAFER share after it is already registered
- Subfolders that are part of a tree that was registered, but the subfolder is inheriting all permissions from above (no added collaborators).
- Any other subfolders which don't have the SAFER tag on them
This form is only available to Stewards.
- Log in to Box and navigate to the subfolder that you are interested in registering.
- While you are inside that folder, copy the URL at the top of your browser. This is the Folder URL.
- Log in to the Register a Subfolder form with your NetID and password.
- Paste the URL into the Folder URL box, and click Lookup.
- If you receive an error when looking up the folder, verify that the subfolder is inside a registered SAFER folder.