Using the Senturus Analytics Connector in Tableau
Follow the steps below to connect to a Cognos package or a report in Tableau with the help of Senturus Analytics Connector. Refer to the Senturus User Guide by for more information on working with Cognos Packages and Reports in Tableau.
- Under Connect > To a Server, select Other Databases (ODBC).
- Select the Driver radio button and from the drop down menu select Senturus Analytics Connector, then click Connect.
- Enter the following parameters, and when you're done click OK.
- Server: Cognos
- Namespace: ADS
- User name: your NetID
- Password: your NetID password
- Database: the Cognos package or report you wish to connect to
- Click Sign in to complete the connection. You will then see a Tableau Data source tab for this connection. Add tables like you normally would in Tableau. If you are familiar with query studio, Schema equates to a namespace and Table is each query subject.