Feinberg - Using Self-Service for software installation
FSM-managed machines come pre-installed with an application that allows us to push necessary updates to FSM-managed computers and allows you to install certain programs offered by Feinberg IT. On Mac computers, the application is Self-Service. On Windows computers, the application is IBM BigFix.
Software programs end users may install themselves, without elevated privileges
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Box Sync
- Cisco Jabber
- Citrix Workspace
- CrashPlan PROe
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Teams
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Zoom Video Conferencing
Self-Service on macOS
- From your macOS desktop, click 'Go' on the top menu
- Click on 'Applications'
- Scroll down to 'Self-Service' and double-click it to open
- To download an application/software package, simply click on the 'Install' button located under each of the offerings
IBM BigFix on Windows 10 computers
- Click on the Start button
- Type 'BigFix'
- Hit 'Enter'
- To see which applications/software packages are available for installation on your computer click on the 'Offers' tab
- To download an application/software package, click on the Application/Software package you want to install and click on 'Accept'
IBM BigFix on Windows 7 computers
- 'Click' on the upward-pointing arrow on the bottom-right corner of your screen
- 'Double-click' the purple icon with the Northwestern logo on it
- Hit 'Enter'
- To see which applications/software packages are available for installation on your computer, click on the 'Offers' tab
- To download an application/software package, click on the application software package you want to install and click on 'Accept'