Using the Register a Folder Tree Form in SAFER
This form is used to register a folder tree (folder and applicable sub-folders) as a top-level folder in your SAFER share. It is commonly used to register folders that have been moved into your SAFER share from somewhere else in Box, or to register new SAFER shares.
This Form is available to anyone with a Northwestern NetID who has access to the folder they are registering.
Note: The Register a Folder Tree form only registers subfolders that have had additional collaborators added to them. Subfolders on which all the collaborators are inherited from a higher level are not registered. These can be registered later using the Register a Subfolder form.
- Log in to Box and navigate to the top level (not a subfolder) of the folder that you are interesting in registering.
- While you are inside that folder, copy the URL at the top of your browser. This is the Folder URL.
- Log in to the Register a Folder Tree form with your NetID and password.
- Note that by submitting this form, you will become the first Steward of this folder.
- If you receive an error when looking up the folder, verify that you are at the top level of the folder tree.
- In the email, click the link at the bottom, which is preceded by "To sign and approve this form, please visit:"
- Enter the second Steward's information.
- In the page that opens, scroll to the bottom and click Submit