Adding contacts from the Global Address List (GAL) in Outlook 2016/2013 for Windows
You have two main ways of getting access to and storing contacts. You have access to a Global Address List (GAL) that contains everyone who has a Northwestern email address, and a Personal Address Book for contacts inside or outside of the University. You can add contacts from the GAL to your Personal Address Book using the instructions below.
- On the ribbon at the top of Outlook, under the Find section, click Address Book.
- To the right of the search box and dropdown menu, click Advanced Find.
- Enter the first and last name of the person you would like to add, then click OK.
- Double-click the name of the desired contact from the search results to open a new window with the person's contact information.
- Click Add to Contacts in the bottom-left corner of the window. A new window will open.
- Modify the information as necessary, then click Save & Close.
- You can view your Personal Address Book by clicking People in the left navigation pane, or by clicking the People icon in the bottom-left corner.