Deleting and recovering content from Northwestern Box
Note that you can only delete files/folders for which you have Owner, Co-Owner, or Editor access. For more information on Box access permissions, see the Box Support article Different Access Levels for Collaborators.
Deleting items in Northwestern Box
- Log in to Northwestern Box at http://northwestern.box.com.
- Right-click the files/folders you wish to delete.
- Click More Actions, then click Trash.
- When prompted to confirm if you want to delete the file/folder(s) selected, click Okay to confirm.
Note: You can also delete files and folders by single left-clicking them, then choosing Trash from the menu across the top. To select multiple items, hold down the CTRL or Command key, then click the files you want to delete.
Restoring items from the Trash in Northwestern BoxYou can restore items sent to the Trash for up to 90 days before they are deleted permanently. You can only restore files that you owned, or that were deleted by you. If the file was deleted by someone else, and you didn't own that file, you cannot restore it, and you will have to ask the person who deleted the file or the file owner to restore the file.
To restore items from the Trash:
- On the left menu, click Trash, or the garbage can icon.
- If you are trying to restore a file you own which someone else deleted, click the Items I Deleted drop-down at the top of the page and switch to Items I Own.
- From the list of deleted items, right-click on any item you wish to restore and then click Restore.