Troubleshooting connection issues with eduroam Wireless on Windows after a NetID password change
After you reset your NetID password, you may find that you have lost access to the eduroam wireless network. The most common problem relates to the the wireless profile having a stored password. Below are instructions to remove and recreate the Wireless profiles.
- Press the Windows Key+I at the same time to open the Settings app.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi in the left panel, then click Manage Wi-Fi Settings.
- Under Manage Known Networks, select eduroam, then click Forget.
- Press the Windows key, then type cmd into the search bar and press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter netsh wlan delete profile name=eduroam, then press the Enter key.
- Press the Windows key, then enter Control Panel into the search bar and press the Enter key.
- In the Control Panel, select Network and Internet, then select Network and Sharing Center.
- On the left-hand pane, click Manage Wireless Networks.
- Right-click the current eduroam connection and click Remove.
- Click OK if prompted with a warning.