Setting up automated Out of Office replies on your @northwestern.edu (Exchange) account using Outlook Web App (OWA)
Out of Office replies are automated responses that you can set during any time range. If you do not set a time range, you will send an automated response to every email sent to your mailbox until you turn it off.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select Set Automatic Replies from the drop down menu.
- Click the Send automatic replies radio button. This activates automatic replies.
- Click Send replies only during this time period and enter a start and end date and time during which your automatic reply will be active.
- Type the text of your vacation message in the text box.
- Click Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization if you want your automatic reply to apply to messages received from non-Northwestern email addresses.
- Select Send replies only to senders in my Contacts list to restrict your external (non-Northwestern) automatic replies to senders in your contact list; otherwise select Send replies to all external senders.
- In the second text box, type your automatic response to people outside of the University. This can be the same message as the one you wrote in Step 5.
- Click Save.