Setting up automated Out of Office replies on your @northwestern.edu (Office 365) account using Outlook on the Web
Out of Office replies are automated responses that you can set during any time range. If you do not set a time range, you will send an automated response to every email sent to your mailbox until you turn it off.
- Log in to your Office 365 account at https://office365mail.northwestern.edu.
- In the top right corner click the gear icon, then at the bottom click View all Outlook settings.
- From the left pane, select Mail > Automatic replies.
- Click the Turn on automatic replies toggle to activate automatic replies.
- Click Send replies only during a time period and enter a start and end date and time during which your automatic reply will be active.
- In the text box enter your out-of-office message.
- To also send an automatic reply to messages received from non-Northwestern email addresses, click Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization.
- Select Send replies only to senders in my Contacts list to restrict your external (non-Northwestern) automatic replies to senders in your contact list.
- In the second text box, enter your out-of-office message to people outside of the University. This can be the same message as the one you entered above.
- Click Save.