Inserting SharePoint/OneDrive Links into Outlook Emails in Windows
This provides instructions on how to insert SharePoint/OneDrive Links into Outlook Emails in Windows.
- Click "New Message."
Click on the Paper Clip (attachment) icon.
- At the bottom of the drop-down click on "Browse Web Locations".
- OneDrive - Northwestern University is your OneDrive account, Sites - Northwestern University are your SharePoint sites.
- Click on either depending upon where the file(s) you wish to share is located.
- Once you have navigated and selected the file you wish to share, click on either "Share link" or "Attach as copy".
Note: The Share link will allow your recipients to be able to edit and respond in real-time. Attach as a copy is similar to attaching a file locally from your computer.
- Regardless of your choice, your attachment should be displayed on your new message as an attachment.
For additional information, please visit Microsoft - Shareable links in Outlook.