Change Request Settings for Accessing a SharePoint site
The access request feature allows people to request access to content that they do not currently have permission to see. As a site owner, you can configure the feature to send you mail when someone requests access to a site. You can then choose whether to approve or decline their request. By default the requests are sent to the owner group, however you can either turn off this feature or change the destination for these requests.
Updating Request Settings
- From within your SharePoint site, navigate to “Site Contents” from the left menu
- Select “Site settings” from the menu bar just below the name of site (This has a cog icon)
- Select Site permissions (left column, near top)
- Then select “Access Request Settings”
- From the Access Request Settings you can un-check “allow access requests" or change which email address receives the access requests