Feinberg Faculty & Staff: Changing Your Password from Off-Campus and Login into Computer
Logging into computer after changing password offsite
- Make a note of your current password in the event you need to reference it later.
- Log onto the Northwestern VPN. Make sure to stay connected throughout the remaining steps outlined below.
- Open a Web browser, and navigate to NUValidate, enter your NetID and password to log in, and select Change NetID Password.
- After you have changed your NetID password, lock your computer by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and selecting Lock.
- Log back onto your computer using your new NetID password.
- If you are not able to log back in with your new password, please try your old password, email FSM IT at email@example.com.
Please email FSM IT at firstname.lastname@example.org. A service desk technician will arrange time to to walk you through the password reset process. Connecting with a member of the Feinberg IT support team is necessary to ensure your NetID password synchronizes properly on your Feinberg-managed Mac from off-campus.